LifeManagement Center’s Psychoeducational Specialists provide comprehensive evaluations for children, adolescents and adults. The evaluation will assess factors that may affect academic, work, and/or social success.
Why get an evaluation?
- To assess possible ADHD, LD, or social/emotional difficulties
- To document and diagnose a disability and allow for appropriate school accommodations or special services
- To determine strengths, weaknesses, and learning preferences to improve student performance
- To recommend interventions such as tutoring, coaching, or counseling
- To address concerns about school, work, or social performance
- To develop strategies that can target areas of need
Depending on individual needs, testing may include:
- Cognitive, academic and behavioral measures
- Test and data analysis
- Rating scales from school and family
- Teacher interviews
- Classroom observation
- Written report of findings
- Individualized recommendations
- Follow-up meeting
Who is qualified to administer evaluations?
- Evaluations typically are completed by Clinical or Educational Psychologists, School Psychologists, or Licensed Psychoeducational Specialists.
- Generally, public and private schools, colleges, and standardized testing agencies require a full evaluation by a licensed or certified professional in order to document a disability and allow for specific accommodations.
How Do I Get Results?
Findings are discussed in a follow-up meeting with time for questions and answers. A detailed report will explain:
- Background and referral information
- Cognitive strengths and weaknesses
- Academic strengths and weaknesses
- Social, emotional, and attentional functioning
- A diagnosis if appropriate
- Recommendations and strategies for success based on individual findings
What if I need help accessing additional services?
Regardless of whether or not there is a diagnosis, you will always be given recommendations and suggestions that will help to improve indicated areas of concern. At the client’s request, referrals can be made and results will be sent to a doctor, counselor, school, etc.